Monday, February 28, 2005

Re: I hate Disney!

In my quest to curtail false information, especially on my own blog, I feel the need to follow up my previous post with some clarification.

While I still hate Disney (contemplating a quasi-boycott) it seems that the Muppets line also suffered from lackadaisical support from larger retailers, thus making the cost of production impossible to justify. Bummer....

I am truly disappointed in these retailers' poor choice in regards to what they call "toys." Cheaply-made Barbies, G.I. Joe knock-offs, the latest, lamest Japanimation tie-ins, "re-imagined" vintage lines (y'know, all the familiar earmarks, none of the original charm and appeal), cheap-o toys that break in a few hours and all the other terrible things that kids just have to have. None of which promote using one's imagination. When I was a kid, I would actually push my Hot Wheels around with my hands, making the noises myself (car sounds, crash noises and little voices between all the characters).

God, how I loathe what society has done to children these days.

Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a stalker I'm your mother. Hi Hon how are you? We are all just fine except your sis as she was running across the floor last week and fell and hit her knee on the corner of the door frame and bruised it bad enough that I had to take her to the Dr. It is still swelled and painfull but I told her that is what happens when a 20 yr old is running across the floor. Come and see us when you can. Tell Robin I said Hi and give her our love and you already know that I love you the stalker that I am. Love ya Mom